Collection of Your Information
- When you access or use the websites (or any part thereof) (collectively the “Sites”) of Providend, or communicate with Providend or any of its officers, employees or agents whether through written, published or electronic means, the telephone or otherwise, Providend may collect or receive personal or non-personal information or data about, in connection with or from you, including without limitation possibly through cookies, pixel tags, website and data analytics and other technologies (“Your Information”). Personal information or data may include without limitation, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, identity card number, passport number, background information, financial information and health condition. Non-personal information or data may include without limitation, your browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, how you use the Sites or any part thereof, and aggregated information.
- Providend may also collect personal information about someone else from you e.g. when you apply for a product or service in joint names or where you are nominating other people on your policy. If you provide personal information to us about someone else, you must obtain that person’s prior consent for you to provide his/her personal information to Providend.
Use of Your Information
- Providend may use Your Information:
- when you’ve submitted your request or personal information to Providend, which submission you understand and agree to constitute making an “inquiry” to Providend, to contact you even if the telephone number you submitted appears on any Do Not Call registry or list, because your inquiry serves as an exception to Do Not Call laws;
- to respond to, address, facilitate or fulfill your inquiries or requests;
- to understand your financial needs;
- to update Providend’s records about you including without limitation background and credit checks for crime or fraud detection, prevention and prosecution in compliance with laws or regulations, or directions by public or governmental authorities;
- to communicate with you regarding your purchase, to provide related customer service, to follow up on, to facilitate and to connect you with the third-party product or service providers who will process your request(s) or application(s) in relation to products and services;
- to notify you of products, services or events that may be of interest to you;
- to send you information, materials and/or documents such as, including but without limitation, client notes, market reviews, surveys, educational contents affiliated to Providend’s financial advisory services;
- to refer the Sites or any part thereof or any product or service mentioned on the Sites to another person. By using this functionality, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to use and provide Providend with that person’s name, email address and other contact details; and
- for Providend’s business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, improving the Sites and their respective contents, improving the products and services distributed or offered by Providend, calculating Sites usage levels, identifying usage trends, diagnosing technical issues, geographic mapping, and administering the Sites or any part thereof.
- You agree that if you contact us via email, letters, facsimile, or other written, published or electronic means, Providend is entitled to keep a record of that correspondence.
Disclosure/Transfer of Your Information
- Providend may disclose Your Information:
- if you submit an inquiry, request or application in connection with a product or service offered by a third party, to that third party as necessary or appropriate in Providend’s sole opinion and discretion who will process your inquiry, request or application about such product or service;
- by you, on message boards, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public;
- by you, if you have provided a testimonial about the Sites and given us permission to post that testimonial on our websites;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy, liquidation, winding-up or similar proceedings);
- to any credit reference, debt collection, anti-money laundering and fraud prevention agencies, police, law and credit enforcement groups, legal advisors, health providers, or parties assisting us to provide communication services (like mailing);
- To those external entities who assist us to host or maintain our electronic communications, data or websites, or to gather non-personal information to evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing activities.
- in Providend’s sole opinion and discretion, as necessary or appropriate: (i) to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and legal process; (ii) to regulators, supervisors, governments or quasi-governmental authorities in countries where Providend, our advisers or third-party service providers have a presence, which may or may not be outside your country of residence; (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iv) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (v) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (vi) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Your Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and you consent to the transfer of Your Information to such countries for the purpose of such storage and processing.
- If the entities to whom Your Information is being disclosed/transferred are overseas, Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence.
- To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend shall not be responsible or liable under any cause of action and under any circumstances for any use, storage or disclosure by any third party of Your Information, or any act or omission of whatsoever nature by any third party.
Protection of Your Information
- Providend endeavours to take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Your Information and abides by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore. However, Providend cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit by electronic means as no data transmission over the Internet or by any other electronic means can be guaranteed as totally secure. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing over the Internet or by electronic means. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend is neither responsible nor liable for any breach of security.
Retaining Your Information
- Providend will retain Your Information for as long as the purpose(s) for which Providend collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect Providend’s interests.
- If, going forward, you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of Your Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, identification or passport number, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you.
- For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Your Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. In some cases, we may not be able to remove or change Your Information or any part thereof, including without limitation where doing so would be against the law or regulations or any direction by any public or governmental authority.
Updated 8th Jun 2020, ©2020 PROVIDEND LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.